From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for PXI-1409

I'm currently using the PXI-1409 frame grabber with the composite video output. I have several cameras with composite video outputs and looking for a suitable PXI frame grabber replacement. I've noticed that the firewire/1394a frame grabber has limited distance of around 15ft. I currently have video runs that are around 100ft outdoor. I've consider as a replacement for the PXI-1409 a PXI-8252 with a composite-to-1394a converter. I would appreciate any recommendations or comments.

tks, Terry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,192 Views)

Hi Terry,

Why are you looking for a replacement for the 1409? Is it damaged or are you looking for different functionality or a different camera interface? This additional information should help to better understand what you are looking for. Thank you!

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,183 Views)

Hi Kira,

Thanks for taking a look at my message. The reason is simple….I only have one 1409 and need backup components for our test system, which can’t be down for extended periods of time. Therefore, since there no longer exist any analog frame grabber cards I’m trying to find something that works with minimum software/hardware changes. If this is not the case, then I would like to explore and alternative solution and get it working so I can purchase backup parts for our system.

tks, Terry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,174 Views)

Hi Terry,

What converter are you looking to purchase to use with the 8252? The Firewire framegrabber can only work with DCAM compliance, so if the converter is DCAM compliant then there is a chance that it will work with the IMAQdx drivers. This will depend on the converter but is hard for us to test or guarantee. On a software side, the 8252 will work with the IMAQdx drivers where the 1409 works with the IMAQ drivers. This will be the case even if you are using a video converter and your camera is analog. This means that you will have to make some changes in software to acquire through IMAQdx rather than IMAQ. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,164 Views)