From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI coordinates

I'm trying to utilize two different ROI to locate a straight edge that will be used to calculate an angle of sweep. My first ROI is for a circular region which I am trying to extract the coordinates for that located region and plug them into the ROI for the straight edge. Could someone please advise if this is possible and of any special steps I should be aware of when trying to do so. I have attached a copy of the code I have created so far, please be aware that I am extremely new to Labview as a whole and have been learning by trial and error   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,825 Views)

The array elements that the Contour field expects for an annulus ROI are:

[X, Y, Min Radius, Max Radius, Start Angle, Stop Angle]

But you're only giving it an array of [X, Y].

Instead of rebuilding the ROI cluster manually, try using the VI "IMAQ Convert Annulus to ROI". Use the X, Y location of your first fit, and whatever min/max radius works, then wire the output to Find Concentric Edge.

If you want to create an ROI for the Find Straight Edge, you could use "IMAQ Convert Rectangle to ROI". Use the center point of your first fit and add/subtract values to select your Left/Top/Right/Bottom positions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,758 Views)