Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting colours on IMAQ Draw

I would like to draw lines/rectangle on the image but currently i think the imaq draw can only
draw in black and white. There is a draw function but i think its for picture only. Is there anyway using colours to draw the lines/rectangles on the image?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,028 Views)
Hi Becks,
yes you can do it with some effort.
You should use both the picture functions and IMAQ Add Picture to Window function.

I attach a sample vi that a cross in the center of window #0.

As you see in the diagram you can easily change the color.

Hope it helps,

Alberto Locatelli
Message 2 of 7
(4,028 Views)
Hi Alberto, I saw your VI, the output is in picture format, how can i make back in image format because after drawing the cross/target i need to send the image to IMAQ compare which requires both inputs to be in image format.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,028 Views)
Hi Becks,
nice question!
I believe this could be done only with version 6 of IMAQ, I'm not sure because I'm waiting for this version.
If I find an alternative method I'll let you know.
Good work!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,028 Views)
Thanks Alberto for ur time... i am currently using version 6. i am not sure about the other versions. (newbie) heh. i dun know for watever reasons y NI dun allow users to add colours to the imaq draw and i have no idea how to convert the picture to image ... think i have to stick with black and white for the time being.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,028 Views)
You can use the new Overlay tools in Vision 6. You can draw lines, points, rectangles, circles, etc. in any color you want.

The only problem with this method is that you can't store the resulting image in a format that can be read by other programs, such as a bitmap. You can load and save it within LV, but not other software.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,028 Views)
Hi Becks,

this VI should work, but please be aware that I haven't tested it
thoroughly. Email be back if you need more of an explanation.

Good luck

Denis

[Attachment IMAQ Colour Draw.vi, see below]
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,028 Views)