From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing NI IMAQ vision 7.1

During Installation on a new system NI IMAQ vision 7.1 reports error 1316: " A network error ocurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINNT\INSTALLER\vis70LV.msi
Operating system : W2K SP4
Labview Revision 8.2 (i like to work with the limited support as mentioned in the NI-nowledgebase)
Error comes up regardless if there is a network connection on this computer or not.

Best Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,184 Views)
Hello Andreas,

if you need the vision libary in lv 8.2 you need also the vision development modul in the same version. Therefore you need the Vision Development Modul 8.2.

Kind regards,

Elmar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,167 Views)

I have the same problem with this error, but installing Vision Development Module 8.6 (the same file that worked on other computers, however), I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of Labview and Vision again, same error (see below for error message).I was running Labview 7.1 with IMAQ 7.0 on the same machine before

it seems to not be able to find the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\vis70LV.msi    (there is no Installer folder in my WINDOWS folder)

I am running an old machine (about 5 years) with a 1.09 GHz AMD athlon, 2GB RAM, and XP SP3 

the error code is 1316

any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my home computer and it would be very helpful for me to work from home in addition to while in lab. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,849 Views)