From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with saving Basler linescan GigE camera attributes using IMAQdx Write Attributes??

Vladimir,

Can you send a snippet of code that reproduces this with your Runner? Are you making sure to stop and unconfigure the camera before telling it to save the settings (I guess you probably are if the Width persists fine...)

Can you also send me the firmware version strings in the device information section of the attributes from MAX?

Thanks,
Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,598 Views)

Eric

I'm having problems with the persistence directly in MAX. When I click Save, the Height parameter is simply not saved into the ICD file. I didn't try to save the params from LabVIEW.

I'll send you the version strings tomorrow when I'm at work  :smileyhappy:

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,594 Views)

Eric

I'm attaching the Camera Information attributes from MAX and also the ICD file it creates.

Vladimir

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,587 Views)

Vladimir,

I believe there's another attribute Basler provides that lists a firmware revision. Can you look for that as well? Also, what was the version of IMAQdx you are using?

Thanks,

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,570 Views)

Eric,

Yes you're right, finally I found that bloody attribute. The value of attribute "Firmware Version" is "104444-01;U;ruL2048_19gm;V1.0-2". IMAQdx version is 3.2.0.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,568 Views)

Hi Vladimir,

I was able to duplicate this with a similar Runner here and will investigate...

Thanks, 

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,559 Views)
Anne and Vladimir,

We have worked with Basler in identifying this issue and it appears to be a problem with the library that interacts with the camera's XML file. This is a shared 3rd-party component currently used by all GigE Vision software vendors and maintained by committee. The issue has been identified and will hopefully be resolved in a future build of that component. If you discuss this with NI support in the future the CAR number is 136574.

In the meantime, I am attching a modified XML file which should work around the issue for saving the Height attribute on that version of the Runner. If there are any other features not saving right please let me know.

Hope this helps,
Eric
Message 17 of 18
(2,499 Views)

It works! Thanks, Eric. I hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,465 Views)