From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IMAQdx and Pleora GigE Devices

We have an iPort Analog Pro Pleora device to convert analog camera output to GigE. Our old camera works properly using the manufacturer's application "GEV". Images are displayed without problem and any packet size works fine.

Using NI-MAX the device is found and configured properly, but trying to get images the following message appear:

"the system did not receive a test packet from the camera. The packet size may be too large for the network config or a firewall may be enabled".

Firewall has been disabled and several packet sizes tested, but no images received. Manufacturer said that: "I know that NI IMAQ-dx does not have multi channel support, you can stream from the first channel but what happens is when NI caches the XML file upon connection, it reads the SourceSelector register and defaults it to Source2. You have to manually change the XML file to read Source1 for the SourceSelector or you can change this in the IMAQ software itself." This is true, but modifiyng the icd file for the first channel, nothing happens.

Also, some old messages about a similar problem with the Pleora's devices recommended to set the package' size to 1400. Again, nothing happens.

Any piece of advice about this problem (I know many people is working with pleora's device under NI-labview)?

Thanks in advance

Enrique Joven (Spain)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,114 Views)

For interested people:

1.- Select 1400 bytes packages

2.- Always select "Source 1"

and the most important thing:

3.- Select "Firewall Traversal - enabled"

And works.

Message 2 of 4
(5,085 Views)

Hi All,

I have also a iPORT Analog-Pro device from pleora - but unfortunately I need both channels.

In the eBUS player I can easily select the source, in NI Max I can not. With imaqdx I can only get images from channel 1.

If I read the original post of Enrique, he quotes the manufacturer (probably pleora) "I know that NI IMAQ-dx does not have multi channel support,"

Where can I find this limitation in any document about imaqdx that I have a clear spec?

That it I can tell we need to buy two devices because it is not a bug, it is not supported?

Or are there any workarounds?

Best regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,412 Views)

I had this problem 6 years ago... I remember it well.

But I am sure I only could use channel-one with Ni Max. By fortune, I only had one camera. Try to contact Pleora again, maybe nowadays there is a solution for this bug.

Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,410 Views)