From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while using Hamamatsu c9100-13 camera with Phoenix D24CL-PCI32 frame grabber

Hi,

I am trying to operate a Hamamatsu EM-CCD (C9100-13) camera through Labview 15. The camera is connected to a Phoenix Camera Link frame grabber (AS-PHX-B-D24CL-PCI32). I wanted to know which version of Video Capture Library for Labview will allow me to operate the mentioned camera through Labview and from where can I download it? 
The mentioned camera is compatible with only DCAM-API driver version 13.10.4418 (https://dcam-api.com/downloads/#archive).
Are there frame grabbers that have associated Labview drivers? Do you have recommendations for the same? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,676 Views)

The NI Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) contains three different drivers that allow you to acquire images with a camera. .

Because you are using a third party frame grabber that is not supported by NI VAS, we do not have any available drivers that would work with your hardware. I would recommend that you reach out to Active Silicon and Hamamatsu and see if they have drivers that provide you with the API to use in LabVIEW.

Angela L.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,645 Views)

id you find a solution?

I did not find the LabVIEW drivers/vis.

I only get access to DCAM-API but I don't know how to communicate with the camera with it...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,190 Views)

Hi CIML,

Since this is an older post, you'll get more visibility and responses if you start a new thread. When you do that, please include information about which camera you have and what version (if applicable) of Vision Acquisition Software you have.

Melanie P.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,180 Views)