From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PnP event in ImaqDX

Hello, I'm wondering how one is supposed to use the PnP event that is available from an ImaqDX session. It offers 'Camera attached' and 'Camera Detached' events which sounds very useful to me. I'm coding a multi-camera monitoring application using GigE interface. It should be possible plug cameras in or out during the session without much hassle and this facility sounds like it could do the job. But I don't understand how to code it with LV2011, ImaqDX is also the newest. Connecting an empty DX session, or one where camera is named but not connected, to 'Register for events' gives the error 'Invalid session'. So to even start listening to these events, I need to have a camera connected. In this case a 'attached' event seems to be of no use, and I don't receive any disconnect events either. To me it seems that there should be a 'generic' camera attachment event, where the event provides the DX session reference. Is there anything like that available? Thanks for your response, JL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,504 Views)

(sorry, this is the original post in a more readable form.)

Hello,

I'm wondering how one is supposed to use the PnP event that is available from an ImaqDX session.

The event type offers 'Camera attached' and 'Camera Detached' events which sounds very useful to me. I'm coding a multi-camera monitoring application using GigE interface. It should be possible plug cameras in or out during the session without much hassle and this facility sounds like it could do the job. But I don't understand how to code it with LV2011, ImaqDX is also the newest.

Connecting an empty DX session, or one where camera is named but not connected, to 'Register for events' gives the error 'Invalid session'. So to even start listening to these events, I need to have a camera connected. In this case an 'attached' event seems to be of no use, and I don't receive any disconnect events either. To me it seems that there should be a 'generic' camera attachment event, where the event data output provides the DX session reference. Is there anything like that available?

Thanks for your response,

JL

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,498 Views)