Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleora USB3 Vision Device driver vs IMAQdx USB3 Vison Device driver W10 MAX 17.0

Solved!
Go to solution

IMAQdx-17.1/MAX 17.0

My laptop, running Win 10 is sometimes used by me to connect our cameras to Pleora Technologies Camera Link to GigE or USB convertors. With the GigE version, using IMAQdx registered under a VAS license, I’ve been able tocheck compatibility with your MAX.  MAX seemed compatible with the Pleora GigE drivers.  However, for the USB version, they install a USB3 Vision device driver.  MAX does not seem to accept that as an option.  It wants IMAQdx USB3 Vision device driver.

One issue is that switching  requires administrator privileges, and at this company that involves a 3rd party engineer. 

2nd issue is that with that person’s help, changing to the IMAQdx USB3 driver did not work – MAX could not recognize the Pleora USB3 hardware, and the Pleora software could not connect using the IMAQdx USB3 device driver.

Pleora did not have any suggestions for me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,690 Views)

If you want the Pleora frame grabber to show up and be usable in MAX/LabVIEW, then the device needs to be associated with the IMAQdx USB3 driver. It won't work if it is associated with the pleora driver. I don't believe you should need the Pleora driver at all, so you could try just installing IMAQdx.

For the second issue, how does the Pleora USB3 hardware show up in Device Manager?

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,591 Views)

This is what is displayed in Device Manager for the Pleora USB3 hardware.

USB3 Vision Device Manager.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,572 Views)

When I uninstalled the Pleora USB3 Vision Driver and tried to install the NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Driver, it gives an error due because the digital signature cannot be verified.

NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device Manager.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SWIR_cameras

There was a known issue with VAS 17.0 on Windows 10 that throws this error. If you install Vision Acquisition Software 17.5 or later, the error should go away.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,565 Views)

Thanks for the guidance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,552 Views)