Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern match at far distances

I'm currently still learning how to use labview pattern match. I created a simple code that has been working properly . But now my question is, would it be possible to detect the pattern at far distances. I'm only able to detect the pattern from the camera at approximately one foot  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,303 Views)

There would be several aspects to consider to properly answer this, and whether or not the pattern matching could work for a larger distance would mostly depend on the quality of the image that you are acquiring.

Would it have enough contrast?

Would the size of the minimum detail be sufficient?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,275 Views)

Well I'll be utilizing geometric matching. The detail for image is not that detail. It is basically a circle. My goals it to be able to read the image at 100 feet or more. I'm stuck where I'm not sure if labview can actually do this how would the refrence image be

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,270 Views)

It will depend on the resolution of the image and the features you are interested in, not the distance.  As long as the features are large enough to get the detail you want, you will be fine.  You pick your camera and lens to get the field of view and resolution you want.  You can zoom in on a small area at 100 ft and still see relatively small details.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 4 of 4
(2,268 Views)