Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-1433 and Basler Sprint color. Communication and camera file questions.

Dear All,

I have a few questions about using NI PCIe 1433 and Basler camera spL4096-70kc:

1) I cannot find any "camera file" for all suppliers in IMAQ/Data folder, that hold an information about 1433 frame grabber. Is that mean that you have to create it for each camera for this grabber on your own?

2) Do they fully fit each other? (I mean NI PCIe 1433 and basler spL4096-70kc). 

3) I have a problem with serial communication between NI PCIe 1433 and basler spL4096-70kc. I've changed baud rate for camera through CCT+ (a Basler's camera configuration program), and since that i cannot establish the connection with the camera via CCT+. I've changed the baud rate in camera file too. 

Do you have any ideas? I'll really be glad to hear your opinions.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,411 Views)

Serial communication has been established. I had to restart both the camera and PC a few times.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,383 Views)

Hello Nikita Prorehin,

The Basler Vision Technologies SpL4096-70k (Sprint) camera file is only compatible with NI-1426, NI-1427, NI-1428, NI-1429, and NI-1430 as noted here. Bit depth and tap configuration are not available for the NI-1433.

Lynn

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,366 Views)

@Sarci1 wrote:

Hello Nikita Prorehin,

The Basler Vision Technologies SpL4096-70k (Sprint) camera file is only compatible with NI-1426, NI-1427, NI-1428, NI-1429, and NI-1430 as noted here. Bit depth and tap configuration are not available for the NI-1433.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I believe that link you pointed to is simply out-of-date. The 1433 retains 100% of the features/support of the 1429 (it mainly is slightly faster than the 1429) and any camera files for the 1429 should automatically be upgraded to support a 1433 when loaded by a driver version that supports it.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,357 Views)

Hi Eric and Lynn,

thanks a lot for your opinions. I found out that it is very dificult fo find any useful information about NI PCIe 1433. As far as i understand the camera file for the defunite frame grabber holds an information about fpga bitstream file to use. Am i right? 

As you may see Basler spL4096-70kc has two lines with color filters on each pixel so the frame data is very similar to ordinary area scan frame. We have bayer's data as an output. After configuring the new camera file i can grab the image in "8 tab 8 bit" mode finally. How can I explain to the frame grabber to decode the image into color representation? Or this is impossible and i have to use "Bayer Color Decode" function?

The next question. Is it possible to configure the encoder input (PCIe Camera Link Extension Card) in MAX to trigger the camera in a right direction? And if not how can i do that?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,339 Views)

Hi Nikita,

Sorry, but the 1433 (along with other current NI CameraLink framegrabbers) do not currently support Bayer decoding onboard. You'll gave to use the Bayer Color Decode methods if your camera cannot do the RGB conversion on-board.

The encoder input is fairly flexible. Have a look at the IMAQ->Signal Input and Output examples in LabVIEW's Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) to see some of the encoder examples provided. If you are using a different language than LabVIEW there should be similar examples provided.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,328 Views)

Hi Eric once again!

Thank for your reply. I found the right example with your help. I just wanted to know is there an opportunity to trigger the camera from encoder with some
Divide factor without programming in MAX?. So, the answer is no Smiley Wink
But there is an example in folder "SystemRoot\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\Examples\MSVC\Signal IO\Trigger Each Line with Encoder", that allows to get the frame with encoder.

Thanks a lot once again!

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,324 Views)