Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-1409 : composite PAL input ?

I am a potential IMAQ rookie and spent quite some time in these ones but in vain.

Could my Video Camcorder with composite ( the yellow A/V ) video output in EU PAL format ( 25 fps 50 Hz interlaced ) fit into the BNC PCI-1409 input ?

I intend to use it mainly for non or very slowly moving images.

Could the the PCI-1409 also be used as a regular video grabber for digitizing analog video pictures ( e.g. VHS films )  ( and digital computer post processing  ) ?

If so, what NI or other software is needed for this ? 

I use the Adobe CS4 Premiere Pro video editor for my video projects.

What is the essential difference between the NI IMAQ software and Vision sofware and Vision Builder software ?

Is it just the difference in image analizing power or is it someting essentially else ?

Thanks for any  help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,256 Views)
  1. Can you connect a camcorder in PAL formt to the BNC input?  Yes you can.  You need to find an RCA to BNC adapter.
  2. Can the PCI-1409 act as a frme grabber fora VCR?  Yes it can do that.  You need the basic IMAQ drivers, LabVIEW, and the Vision Development Module for LabVIEW.
  3. IMAQ software is the driver level stuff that you need to acquire an image from the frame grabber.  IMAQ Vision Development Module is an add-on product for LabVIEW (there is a version for CVI / Visual Studio as well) that allows you do do image processing, display, and storage.  Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) is a standalone tool that allows the user to create machine vision inspection applications in a configuration-based environment rather than a programming-based one.

Dan Press

PrimeTest Automation

Message 2 of 3
(3,221 Views)

Great !

I guess I can make a start with the 1409 image pci-card now.

Thanks sincerely.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,211 Views)