From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-1405 Returns 254 for white, I need 255

Hello. I'm building a copy of a machine that I've built before.  My camera is a Jai CV-A50.  My PCI-1405 image aquisition boards returns a maximum luminance value to 254, regardless of how bright the image is.  I have tried all the settings in Measurement & Automation Explorer, but I can't get a 255.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,959 Views)

Presumably it yields 0..254 rather than 1..255, leaving you with two options:

(a) accept it if no big deal

(b) traverse the entire image array and add 1 to each pixel value

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,958 Views)

Well, this is the 5th machine of this model that I have built.  My labview application requires a 255 as it is written.  I could change the labview program, but I have an installed base of machines for I need to keep the software common.  Why would this sample of the PCI-1405 not return a 255, while all the previous ones did?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Hello,

Did you tried your camera on another grabber?

Maybe this is due to a camera setup and has nothing to deal with the grabber.

Take a look at camera settings, especially if there's an offset or something like that.

Regards

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,943 Views)

OK, I was able to solve the problem by reducing the "blue" gain to a value less than the red & green gains.  For some reason, if the 3 gains are equal I get only 254.  If the blue gain is less than the red & green gains, I get 255. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,934 Views)