From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only retrieving half of image (Basler avA 1600-65kc)

Solved!
Go to solution

Environment:

Win 7 x64

PCIe 1430 Camera Link grabber with firmware update

NI IMAQ 4.5

NI Max v4.7.0f4

NI Camera File Generator v2.0.6

Problem: 

My Basler Aviator 1600-65kc 1600x1200 camera only returns 800x1200 images.  Increasing the width to 801 pixels results in a timeout error.

Question:

I suspect the camera is using using 2 taps; however, the Camera File Generator doesn't allow me to select anything other than 1 Tap.  I looked into editing the camera file directly, but I'm not sure what the correct settings are.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,112 Views)

Hi

Your camera seems to be a color camera. So I thinlk you have selected 24(8-bit color) in the "Bits per pixels" settings. So when you select this option, you can only acquire 1 tap in color.

So if you cannot acquire the full image, it might not be a tap configuration problem.

Maybe you can try to set the "Bits per pixels" to 8,10 or 12 bits depending on the setup of your camera, just to see if you can acquire the full image.

Regards

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,104 Views)

Spot on.  I can acquire the full image using 8 bit grayscale using 2-tap vertical interlacing.  Why are multi-taps disabled for color cameras in the Camera File Generator, and how do I work around it?  Incidentally, Pylon shows the camera is set up for 4 taps with a Bayer GR8 pixel format.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daklu

Hello,

What I suggest so is to acquire in RGB8 as you mentionned and to decode the Bayer frame by soft.

Do you plan to use it with LabVIEW? If yes, there is some VIs to do that.

Jérôme

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
Message 4 of 4
(3,087 Views)