From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network disconnects when using GigE camera

Hi all,

I have a GigE camera using the NI high performance driver (intel pro 1000) - works fine on its own.

I have aerotech motion system (Ensemble) using a different network connection - works fime on its own.

But when I use both together after some number of hours of no issues the aerotech communication fails.

Have tried changing the IP addresses.

Aerotech

Card                 192.168.7.1

Ensemble          192.168.7.100

NI Camera

Card                 169.254.58.135

Camera             169.254.184.197

subnet mask     255.255.0.0

Has anyone else had a similar issue and resolved it by any chance?

Any ideas for me would be appreciated.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,975 Views)

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your post, I have been looking to see if anyone has had similar problems with connection loss. After looking through public resources and not finding the information I was looking for I looked into previous support queries and it seems we have had a customer with a similar issue and this was partly due to firewire bandwidth.

When configuring your system and setting up the external wiring you should have the option to input the signal through the firewire bus on the motherboard or going through a PCI/PCIe to the motherboard. It is recommended to do the latter because if the firewire bus is shared communication could drop especially if you were attempting an image acquisition. The concern is the bandwidth on the firewire bus may be too great with the camera and motion card together.

I hope this helps you with your troubleshooting, please get in touch if you have any queries.

Regards

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,945 Views)