From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to use Hitachi camera - HV F22 CL for Image acquisition

Hi,

I have PCI-e 1429 frame grabber card and need to use Hitachi - HV F22CL camera for image acquisition. The camera is connected to the board with Camera Link cable. IMAQ drivers for the specified camera are not available in NI-IMAQ 3.7 and also on ni.com/camera website. Can anyone help me by providing / developing the drivers for the above mentioned combination of camera, frame grabber and camera link cable.

The specifications of the camera are available at http://ccddirect--documents.com/pdf/hv-f22_f31.pdf
and http://ccddirect--documents.com/pdf/hv-f22_op.pdf

Please let me know if any further information is required in this regard.

Regards

Jaeho Kim
Research Assistant
MTFL
University of Cincinnati
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,617 Views)

Jaeho,

If no one responds with a premade camera file you can create one yourself or formally request that we make one for you here at NI.  If you go to http://www.ni.com/cameras you will see a list of options to get a camera file.  You have already checked our list and asked on the forums, so I would recommend either downloading the Camera File Generator software and working on one yourself, or following the final option and filling out a request form and sending it to us.  The Camera File Generator is usually a faster option since you are the one creating it, but if you choose to request one it usually takes about a week for R&D to get back to you on whether they will create the file or not (for a more popular manufacturer like Hitachi usually they will) and then they will start working on your file and give you details on how long it should take.

Let me know if you have further questions!

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,584 Views)

Dear, Jaeho

I am a Clfton artist working with LabView on a painting machine. I need a little one on one time with a LabView expert to get through problems I have. The forum would be great but problems are so simple I cannot even find solutions in the many manuals. My latest problems are taking an image, making an array and then performing simple math on the pixels. I am in the process of moving from RoboLAb to LabView. I spend so much time just studying and moving parts from other programs around, there has to be another way. tomlohre.com

Tom Lohre artist/scientist
Has a operating painting robot using RoboLab/RCX
Developing a LabView/ NXT robot that analyzes an image for aesthetic quality.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,277 Views)
There is a camera file for the Hitachi HV F22 CL located on NI's .ftp page:

I hope that this helps.
Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,234 Views)