Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Image refreshing using the 1408

I'm trying to develop a VI that allows user control over the image refreshing. In the end I would like something that allows the user to view a live or somewhat close to live image from the camera, and then when they desire freeze the image. The catch is I would also like the images to be color, and to allow the user to again view a live image if they wish.

Essentially I want the user to be able to focus the camera and set light levels while viewing a live image on the screen (again flicker is ok, just as long as it has a decent refresh rate). And then when ready freeze the image and use the last image captured (the frozen one) for some analysis purposes.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,065 Views)
The simplest way to do this is to put the IMAQ Snap vi inside a while loop. Initialize your image and IMAQ outside the loop. Create an "Acquire" boolean control on your front panel. Put the Snap & display inside a case statement so that it only acquires a new image if the Acquire button is in the "On" position. This will give you a pretty smooth update rate and is very easy to program.

If you want an update rate closer to the frame rate of the camera, you can set up an IMAQ Grab outside the loop, then read the latest image and display it in the case statement.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 3
(3,065 Views)
Hi Bruce!

It is my understanding that the vi "IMAQ Grab Acquire" should be used for high speed image acquisition. I use it in the same fashion as the "IMAQ Snap", only that "IMAQ Grab Setup" is needed for initialization and "IMAQ Stop" to stop the acquisition. Can this be an alternative to achieve rates closer than the frame rate of the camera?
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,065 Views)