Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision did not initialize properly

Solved!
Go to solution

I was trying to upgrade an old imaging program from 2015 to 2019. 

I recompiled the 'Installer' package from LabVIEW 2019 with all the suggested driver installers, IMAQ, IMAQdx, IMAQ IO, NI VISA, etc, and installed it in the computer. 

I thought this would be just another regular upgrade, but this error message kept showing up. 

2019-09-27_13-45-19.jpg

Can someone please provide some idea what causes this error? Thanks much. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MengHuiHanTang

Hi Meng Hui,

Thanks for your post. This is a known issue (bug 200473) with NI-IMAQ 19 and will be fixed in 19.5. It only affects the IMAQ Grab Acquire and IMAQ Copy Acquired Buffer. The workaround would be to use the Compatibility API - IMAQ Grab Acquire or IMAQ Extract for the time being until 19.5 releases which should be around end of October. 

Hope this helps

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,810 Views)

I have this problem as well.  Waiting for a fix.  Unfortunately it means having to uninstall NI-IMAQ 2019 and reinstall an old version and recommending our customers avoid installing NI-IMAQ 2019 (some already have, and encountered issues). 

NI-IMAQ 2019 took hours to install and it's going to take hours to get the PC back to a usable state. 

This seems to be a huge oversight, such a basic and heavily used function that should've been caught in NI's testing before release.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,757 Views)

Totally undertand. It took me two days to try everything possible, until I realized that this might be a NI issue. And It is. I did not receive any notice on this one. I would agree NI vision team messed up this time. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,735 Views)

Any word on when the update is rolling out?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,653 Views)

I also checked for it this morning and it also wasn't available.  Since our customers are complaining they can't use their cameras, I set up a PC with VAS 2019.0 (since I don't want to put it on my development PC) and I'm noticing a lot of quirks/bugs in MAX as well.  I hope they're fixed in the new version.

They are:

1. The ability to select .icd files from the tree doesn't work with some .icd files.  I had to backdoor MAX by editing the .iid file to use the .icd file I wanted to use.
  2. I can't change settings while a Grab is in progress (this is very inconvenient when trying to make quick settings changes).
  3. Can't select .icd file using the File window and casual users have no idea where the .icd files need to be stored.  Need ability to select a .icd file that's not in the IMAQ\Data folder.
  4. The new style dropdown (to make consistent settings selection across IMAQ and IMAQdx) is difficult to use and makes it difficult to see the settings that you really want to use.

There are probably others but that's what I've found with the limited testing I've had.

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,646 Views)

Vision Development Module 2019 SP1 should be available for download sometime tomorrow.

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,638 Views)

Hopefully you also mean that Vision Acquisition Software (VAS/NI-IMAQ) will also be updated tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,631 Views)

Okay, it's there now.  Downloading and will begin to test it out.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.vision-acquisition-software.html#329473

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,570 Views)