Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision Run-Time Engine (incompatible with products already installed)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks - I have created an installer for a simple application using LabVIEW and Vision 2010 SP1 64-bit.  The application works just fine in the development environment on Win7/64-bit OS.  The installation on another computer with same OS is unsuccessful giving the following message.

install failure.PNG

The only additional installer I have checked is the Vision Run-time Engine 2010 SP1.  I have completely updated all of my NI products with the latest DVD upgrade set, which is for the 32-bit products.  I can send the LLB of the source code if an NI Vision support staff person needs this.

Help!

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DonRoth

By unistalling prior NI components, and then reinstalling, we were successfully able to install this application.

NI might want to give a more instructive message than the screenshot I have shown, such as to try uninstalling certain NI components already resident on the machine, so we know where to start.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,491 Views)

Folks - more problems of the same ilk.  Started with a clean computer wiping out all NI products using Control Panel.

I built an 32-bit installer composed of LabVIEW 2010 RTE, Vision 2010 RTE (run-time engine), and Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit 2010.  Installed just fine on Win7/64-bit computer.

I then created another installer for different software that uses 64-bit RTEs of the above products.  This software cannot be installed on this same computer due to the same error (incompatible with products already installed).

error.PNG

This time I have no clue what to do.  NI or community, can you help?

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,421 Views)

Hmm it seems like this time, the conflict is with your application that was previously installed.  Do you have the option to uninstall CT Unwrap-Cylinder from your programs list?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,407 Views)

The user needs both products on the one computer.

So my next thought was to create a 64-bit .exe of the second program so that both programs are 64-bit, and I don't need to create a whole installer for the second program since both programs use the same toolkits, and the toolkits were already installed with the installation of the first program.

So I did this (just created an executable with DATA subfolder rather than entire installer).  However, when we go to run the second program, it appears not to know where to find the LabVIEW RTE (that was previously installed with the installation of the first program).   So that is where I am currently at with this issue.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,402 Views)

Do you have both the LabVIEW 32 and 64 bit run-time engines installed on your deployment machine?  If you've built both .exe files in 64-bit LabVIEW, they should both require the 64-bit LabVIEW Run-time engine.  One thing you could try is downloading the LabVIEW Run-time engine separately from our website:

(32-bit)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2292/lang/en

(64-bit)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2293/lang/en

If all else fails, you can try installing them from here, and report back whether this was successful or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,395 Views)

In fact that is what he did - downloaded the LabVIEW RTE and now we have both (64-bit) versions working.  So this will do for now.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,392 Views)