Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Max doesn't save changes to webcam

Hello everyone,

Whenever I change the settings of my webcams (fps, resolution) using NI max, the webcams resolution and frames per seconds in my programme code don't change. They don't even change, if I break down the programme to a simply code. Do you know why? I am new to Vision and can't find my mistake.

All the best

Edit: I am using Logitech Webcam C920 and uEye UI-1008xs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,903 Views)

Hello Proosterjack,

have you saved the settings in MAX?

Unbenannt.PNG

How Do I Programmatically Load or Save a Configuration File with IMAQdx?

In this link you can find the location for the file which includes the settings to check, if they are saved or not.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,839 Views)

Hello Mr. Glasner,

Thank you very much for your answer and your effort. Indeed, I saved the settings and tried to load the settings file manually for the camera in the .vi, like described in the link which you added.

Unfortunately, it still didn't had any impact on the cameras resolution and fps. They still record in the highest resolution possible, which comes only with 2 fps then. So I try to scale down the resolution to higher the fps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Hello Proosterjack, 

i tried it with two cameras and it works. What you can also try is

Programmatically Get and Set Attributes with IMAQdx vs. IMAQ for IEEE 1394

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Thank you Mr. Glasner,
Since this option didn't work as well, Ithink that there is probably an issue with the communication between cameras and LabVIEW. I will go back one step and check the installed drivers more carefully one more time.
Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,795 Views)