Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Max: GevSCPD Attribute Out of Range

While trying to capture images from a Point Grey 5MP GigE camera, NI Max is giving me the following error:

Attribute value is out of range.

Attribute Name:   CameraAttributes:TransportLayerControl:GevSCPC

In the past I have been able to get around similar errors by setting the offending attributes to an acceptable value.
However, in this case I do not see a TransportLayerControl::GevSCPD camera attribute listed in NI Max.
Nor do I see any other camera attributes that obviously relate to this stream channel packet delay parameter.

WHAT TO DO???

I have been able to capture images from these cameras in the past, and can capture images from a different type of Point Grey GigE camera using NI Max.

I am not able to capture images from these cameras using the Point Grey FlyCapture utility, which does not provide controls for the full set of GigE attributes.

And scrounging around in some NI XML files, it looks like this parameter is stored in register location 0x008, with the lower limit in 0x4040 and the upper limit in 0x4044.  Do I need to use a Point Grey utility to update the register values 0x008 through 0x00B to match the limits?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,847 Views)

In the past, wneh I have run into this kind of problem, I have been able to correct it by using the vendor provided interfaces for configuring the camera.

The error seems to result from the NI implementation of Genicam not being tolerant of error in the ranges.  Most software from vendors will forgive those errors long enough for you to correct them, or reset the camera.

If it is possible to get this far, you should save a working configuration to UserSet1, and then set it as the default UserSet.  Good luck.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,837 Views)