Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQdx is missing from Vision and Motion

Dear Members,

I have a image processing project which would be very important for me to finish. However, I do not find NI-IMAQdx option in the Vision and Motion toolbar (I attached a picture about it). I use LabView 2014 (32-bit) and I also installed NI Vision Acquisition Software 18.5 which I thought will solve my problem but it didn't. I also checked the licenses and all of them are activated.

Another problem which I believe is connected to the above mentioned one is that when I want to open a camera with Vision Acquisition, LabView does not find some VI-s on the computer and therefore it's not working. I attached some pictures about it. 

Does anyone has any idea what should I do to make NI-IMAQdx to work? I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanking you in advance yor your time and assistance.

Best regards,

vitya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,149 Views)

Hi Vitya,

The problem is that Vision Acquisition Software (which includes NI-IMAQdx) 18.5 does not have support for LabVIEW 2014. Any VAS release is compatible with the 4 latest major versions of LabVIEW. For 18.5, this means LabVIEW 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015. You'll need either a newer version of LabVIEW, or an older version of VAS (<=17.5).

Hope this helps,

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,143 Views)

Hi Vitya,

For future reference, you can find the compatibility chart here: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54038/en/

Also, you can find info about LabVIEW support in the Vision Acquisition Software's readme file

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,106 Views)

Thank you so much for both of your quick response and help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,095 Views)