From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQdx driver in gigE interface camera

Hi,

I am trying to interface to some FLIR IR GigE cameras using NI-IMAQdx version16. I can make everything work nicely in 32 bit mode, but when I compile for 64 bit the program doesn't work. Can you tell me if IMAQdx 16 supports 64 bit windows 7? All of the NI-IMAQdx software seems to be in the Programs (86) folder, i.e. 32 bit software. Specifically when I write to registers using 64 bit IMAQdx and then read them back, the results are garbled.

How can I determine if the proper 64 bit driver for NI-IMAQdx is installed and working. NI-Max appears to be a 32 bit program so of course it works.

Thanks for any help.

Dan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,986 Views)

Hi Dan,

Yes, IMAQdx supports 64-bit Windows 7. Can you sanity check 64-bit LabVIEW and make sure you can acquire with one of the examples there? That's how I would determine if everything is set up correctly for 64-bit applications.

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,980 Views)

IMAQdx installs a bunch of C examples here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Examples\MSVC

They do compile and run properly for x64 on 64-bit Windows. Have you tried those as a starting point?

You mentioned you had an issue reading/writing camera registers? Can you share a snippet of code that fails?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,949 Views)