Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-IMAQdx driver in gigE interface camera

Hi,

I am trying to interface to some FLIR IR GigE cameras using NI-IMAQdx version16. I can make everything work nicely in 32 bit mode, but when I compile for 64 bit the program doesn't work. Can you tell me if IMAQdx 16 supports 64 bit windows 7? All of the NI-IMAQdx software seems to be in the Programs (86) folder, i.e. 32 bit software. Specifically when I write to registers using 64 bit IMAQdx and then read them back, the results are garbled.

How can I determine if the proper 64 bit driver for NI-IMAQdx is installed and working. NI-Max appears to be a 32 bit program so of course it works.

Thanks for any help.

Dan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,988 Views)

Hi Dan,

Yes, IMAQdx supports 64-bit Windows 7. Can you sanity check 64-bit LabVIEW and make sure you can acquire with one of the examples there? That's how I would determine if everything is set up correctly for 64-bit applications.

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,982 Views)

IMAQdx installs a bunch of C examples here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Examples\MSVC

They do compile and run properly for x64 on 64-bit Windows. Have you tried those as a starting point?

You mentioned you had an issue reading/writing camera registers? Can you share a snippet of code that fails?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,951 Views)