Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI IMAQ: The passed in sesssion or interface is invalid, Why??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello:

I'm facing an error I can't explain. I have configured an Smart Camera NI 1742, to do some tests. The camera is configured in MAX. In MAX I can do some image snaps and image grabs with no problem, I can do the same in Vision Assistant. However, in LabVIEW I can't even start an IMAQ session.

Interface img0.jpg 

When I try to open a session with the IMAQ Init Vi, I always get an error, that says "NI IMAQ: The passed in sesssion or interface is invalid". I don't understand why this happens. I've done some research and I've found that this error shows when the indicated interface doesn't exist or the device is unplugged. But I have checked, and rechecked, and as you can see in the previous image, the interface exists and of course the smart camera is plugged and working. No error status shows in the status led. I tried with the VI generated with Vision Assistant but had no luck, in LabVIEW always the error shows.

Error at IMAQ Init.jpg 

Error on VI.jpg 

I have LabVIEW 8.6, Vision Assistant 8.6, NI-IMAQ 4.3, MAX 4.6.1

Any idea why this error is happening?, I have tried, but I can't figure out why!

I really really appreciate any help. I'm a bit desperate.

Thanks in advance.

Robst.

Robst - CLD

Using LabVIEW since version 7.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(10,460 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robst

Hi,

Just to make sure, are you running LabVIEW RT? and if you are, are you running your VI on My Computer or did you create a project and added your Smart Camera target, and the VI under that Target?

If you're running your VI on your local machine, the error message makes sense as there is no img0 interface in your computer.

-Christophe

Message 2 of 14
(10,458 Views)

Hello ChristopheC:

Yes, you were right, I did it all so quickly that I forgot to check the basics. I feel a bit embarrased...won't happen again. Now everything is running smoothly.

Thank you so much.

Robst.

Robst - CLD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(10,444 Views)

Can't believe it!, I marked my reply as a solution, instead of yours...I really need some rest, quickly! ... anyway, I hope some kudos and my grattitude are enough for you Smiley Happy

Robst.

Robst - CLD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(10,443 Views)

Just found out a way to unmark a previous solution and mark a new one...now the correct message is marked as a solution...now I'm leaving, need to disconnect for a while, seriously...

Robst - CLD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(10,440 Views)
excuse me,but i still can't understand the way to solve this problem.can you tell me in detail?i really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(9,879 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,876 Views)

my camera is a USB camera,not a smart camera.and in MAX,it's under the item of my system/NI-IMAQdx devices.then,what should i do?thank you

帖子被tuming在 03-31-2010 04:36 AM
时编辑过了
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(9,859 Views)

tuming wrote:

my camera is a USB camera,not a smart camera.so what should i do?thank you

Then why did you post in an unrelated thread? Start a new one explaining the problem. Post a screenshot if possible.

Message 9 of 14
(9,857 Views)

hi tuming,

I'm having the same problem as you, have you got any solutions?

Thanks.

Hyanna

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(8,296 Views)