From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI GigE Vision Adapter Driver not compatible

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to install the NI GigE Vision Adapter driver for a network adapter, but It seems  the hardware is not compatible.

If I install the driver ( deselect compatibility box), Windows sometimes crashes and the cameras are no longer recognized by MAX. And there is no package sent via network.

I have installed VAS 2014, VAS 2015 f1 and VAS 2016. But each time I had  the  error "The NI GigE Vision 64-bit Driver Support installation has failed"( see attached picture)  while installing. 

Network cables were unplugged, PCI network card wasn't.

However, I have an identical system, software and hardware ( with VAS 2016), that works fine. I can see the NI GigE Vision Adapter driver as a compatible driver for my hardware. 

The network card is a Beckhoff PCI FC 9024. System is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, LabView 2012 32-bit.

PS: The cameras are working with the actual driver, but with maximum package at 1500 bytes. To less for what I need. 

It's mandatory to use the performance driver.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,351 Views)

I'm having the same issue. Any luck solving this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,855 Views)

That particular GigE Vision driver only supports certain network interface cards.  If this driver is not listed on the compatible device list for your card, you should not use it.

You do not need this driver installed on your network interface in order to capture images.  If the Vision Acquisition software detects that it is not installed, it will use another GigE Vision implementation to obtain images.  It is recommended to upgrade to the latest version of Vision Acquisition because the performance of the second implementation was greatly improved in the 16.1 release and onward (see "New Features" section of  http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//vision/Vision%20Acquisition%20Software/September%202016/read...).

Message 3 of 4
(2,846 Views)

Sorry for the late reply.

I replaced the network interface card. The one it was before, was not compatible.

I don't remember which one I put instead. Another one from Beckhoff.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,547 Views)