From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 1742 Camera Time setting

Hello Friends,

I am using NI 174f2 smart camera for my application in which my generated report is directly transfered to my connected server. This report containg my results and Date and Time for future reference.

My problem is that i am using Mainberg NTP software to make my server as a time server for my camera and i give server IP address in time server address.Because of this software i am able to do synchronization with my host PC and camera. But in generated report my indicated time is accuratelly 30min lesser than my host time everytime....In VBAI application, Tools>Target option>Time server , system curent time and date is accuratelly same as my host time but only during report generating system time automatically reduce 30 min...

like example:

system time:   1:45:44 PM

Time in generated report: 1.15.44PM

If you have any idea regarding to my problem please let me know as soon as possible.....Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,621 Views)

I believe LabVIEW RT gives the option of keeping the system's time (in the RTC or via synchronization) at UTC or in your local time zone. Maybe when the report is getting generated it is doing some sort of timezone offset?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,619 Views)

I tried this out and got it to work for Central Time Zone by using this SNTP Server: 128.138.140.44 with GMT - 05:00. Try this and then reboot the target and see if you get a time stamp that is in sync.

I got the above time server from here in case you're interested:

http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,606 Views)