Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera no longer appears in MAX on one PC. How do I disassociate it to select another driver?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have accidentally selected the wrong driver for my camera in MAX, which caused the camera to disappear from the Devices and Interfaces group.  How can I disassociate the camera so that I can select a different driver?

This camera works on other PCs (with the correct dirver installed of course) and other cameras still appear in MAX on this PC.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,137 Views)

Try replacing the driver of the FireWire interface card back to the original one from Microsoft.

..or if that doesn't help, boot Windows into safe mode and you should probably see all the camera drivers on the system. Delete all of them and let the camera find its drivers automatically after reboot. I'm not sure, but maybe you'll have to reinstall NI Vision Acquisition Software then.

Message Edited by Vladimir Drzik on 07-14-2009 09:37 AM

View my profile on LinkedIn
Message 2 of 3
(3,126 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robsoule

It turns out that there is a very simple solution to this problem.  I simply unplugged the device, uninstalled the device from Device Manager (right-click | Uninstall), and plugged the device back in.

Until I read your post, Vladimir, I hadn't considered that the problem was persisting at the Windows-level.  I thought the association must have been somewhere in the NI software running on the machine.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
(3,110 Views)