Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mightex Camera video/image settings using Grab with property page.vi

Hi All,

Even we are using the Mightex Camera as our USB Camera...
Now we could able to grab the image
with the help of this example (Grab with Property Page.vi) available in the examples provided by NI.

But for the dark resolution images we couldnt grab the image....
So please help us if we can change the settings of the camera by any chance with the help of this example..
We tried with several possibilities but that involves the dll linkage.
Which i am totally not aware...
Please reply ASAP or suggest a proper solution for the same...

Cheers,
Suneel.V

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,546 Views)
Hi Suneel,

The Grab with Property Page example sets up a continuous acquisition and allows you to set both the video and image configuration during execution.  You can bring up either of these configuration windows by pressing the Video or Image button while the VI is running. 

The configuration windows are specific to the camera driver, so they will vary from camera to camera.  In your case, you will be able to set the properties that are made available by the Mightex USB Camera drivers.  If the properties that are available do not give you the image results you are looking for, then unfortunately this is a limitation of the Mightex drivers, and there is nothing we can change in the IMAQ for USB drivers to fix this.

I hope this clears things up.

Rishee B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,521 Views)

But RIshee we found some pallettes like..

BCG Look up table.vi which allows to change the Brightness,contrast and Gamma values of a picture...

But the limitation we found in that is, it looks like only working for saved .bmp or .jpg files...

Please see the VI attached below...

Please let us know whehter we can incoroporate this VI in Grab with Property page.VI.

That would be very helpful..

Please suggest an idea how to proceed against this...

Cheers,

Suneel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,507 Views)
Hi Suneel,

The BCG Lookup example is meant to demonstrate how you can use the IMAQ BCGLookup VI to manipulate an image that is in an image buffer.  This VI will work with any image buffer, whether an image in the buffer came from a file on disk or directly from a camera. 

To use this VI with the images you are acquiring from your USB camera, you simply to wire your image buffer into the Image Src and Image Dst inputs of the VI.   Here is a screenshot of how you could incorporate this VI into the Grab with Property Page example:

Please keep in mind that performing image processing like this in line with your acquisition may limit the rate at which you can acquire from your USB camera.  If it's possible to adjust the brightness and other properties by changing the configuration of the acquisition, instead of acquiring the image and then manipulating it as we are doing in this case, then that would be ideal. 

You may also considering performing your acquisition, saving the images to an AVI file or a series of image files, then reloading those images and adjusting the brightness, etc. in post-processing.  This will decouple your acquisition from your processing, so that your acquisition will not be limited in any way.

I hope this helps.

Rishee B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message Edited by risheeb on 04-02-2008 11:01 AM

Message Edited by risheeb on 04-02-2008 11:02 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,481 Views)

Thanks Rishee....

We too tried the same and got the result...

I think Vision has lot of things which could be learnt....

But anyway our project has some more enhancement to be done...

Let me clearly explani what we have to do...

Right now we are using Meter example.vi for our cluster to test and testing the meter position...

This concept is Ok if i take a linear cluster meter...

But when i am using a non linear one this concept definitely fails.

So can you suggest a good concept where i can train the OCR for a set of 10 readings (10,20,30....140) and if i place meter in any of the one it should be able to read the same.

Secondly i am also working on one more project which i feel u can help...

VOice recognition using MsAgent example in labview.

we modified the same but it has the option of only english..(using Lv6i.acs)

would you please let me know whether i can use for other languages (spanish,french.....)

waiting for your reply

Cheers,

Suneel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,468 Views)
Hi Suneel,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the application.  Could you attach the example VI you are trying to use and perhaps an example image that you are trying to perform OCR on?  Also, could you also explain what you mean by a linear cluster versus a non-linear cluster?

Regarding your voice recognition application, I would suggest that you start a new discussion on the LabVIEW board to discuss this topic.  Thanks.

Rishee B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,439 Views)

I'm having the same trouble with my Mightex camera, every image I take with a .VI comes out black.  I get the same image when I use NI Vision Assistant 8.5 to snap the image until I change the camera setting, then the image comes out fine.  The trouble is I can't figure out how to programmically set the settings within the .VI and Mightex can't provide any examples.  I've read over the Mightex_ClassicSource Video Capture filter Guide.pdf which has all the commands I need to use, but I can't find the .dll it refers to.

Does anyone have any examples or any help at all?

Robert Hryniowski

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,829 Views)

hello,i want to apply  imaq BCG Color lookup in a video aquired by USB camera 

thank you for answering me , it's urgent

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,854 Views)