From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring IR camera specs using VBAI

Dear experts,

Is it possible to measure InfraRed Camera specs using VBAI, like resolution and frame rate...? 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,954 Views)

Yes, once you create the interface then those kinds of specs can be verified with either Vision Builder or LabVIEW.

******  BUT ******

Be careful with information regarding the FLIR Safire 380 because that is a military mid-wave IR camera controlled under ITAR (US Laws) and the The Wassenaar Arrangement (International Treaties).  It is against the law to share detailed "How To" information regarding these kinds of military devices with unauthorized individuals.  They are considered controlled U.S. Munitions and have very strict laws regarding their use, training, repair, testing, and data storage; with penalties up to 20 years imprisonment and $1 million USD fines per violation.

What I can tell you is that NI Vision Builder and LabVIEW both readily connect to USB and GigE cameras that are Gen<i>cam based.  The FLIR Safire 380 does NOT have those interfaces so you would need specialized interfaces and use the specific FLIR protocols for those devices --which cannot be provided to non-US Persons without clearance from the Dept. of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC).

Even if you are a U.S. person, you must protect this kind of data from being accessed by non-U.S. Persons even if within the US borders.  I recommend you contact your Export Controls department before continuing or if you company does not have an internal department, then contact a consulting firm such as Export Solutions Inc. who we have worked with and can recommend.

https://www.exportsolutionsinc.com/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,863 Views)