Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX finds a camera but Labview IMAQdx gives error -1074360311: Camera Not Found

Solved!
Go to solution

Somehow Labview doesn't seem to be seeing what's happening in Measurement and Automation Exploerer (MAX).  MAX works fine and my camera, plugged into a PCIe-1433 card, works fine.

Labview doesn't see it at all.  The Session In controls are blank, the IMAQdx Enumerate Cameras VI returns an empty array and all calls to open, snap, grab or close the interface (I'm using the interface name from MAX since the session controls won't autopopulate) all give the -1074360311 Error: "Camera Not Found."

Somehow Labview isn't looking to MAX.  I've tried deleting all of the .idd files and recreating them, with the same results.

Here's some more details:

Labview 2011 (11.0.0)

Vision Development module 11.0.0

IMAQdx 3.8.1

IMAQ 4.6.1 is also installed

The only other reference I've found for this is here:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/camera-not-found-imaqdx/td-p/1323861/page/2 but that is more about not opening the references properly rather than not finding them at all.

Any suggestions would be very helpful,

Casey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casey

I think this is because you are using IMAQdx rather than IMAQ. All the NI framegrabbers (such as the 1433 you are using) are supported in the IMAQ API, not IMAQdx. You should be able to open the IMAQ examples instead and I suspect that will solve your problem.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,267 Views)

That did it.  The USB cameras I used in testing were supported by IMAQdx but the final production cameras were not.  Switching back to IMAQ from IMAQdx did the trick.

Thanks Eric!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,251 Views)