Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumenera Frame Rate using IMAQdx

I am using a new Lumenera Infinity 1-3C microscope camera.  This camera is advertised as being able to do 12fps at full resolution.  You can see specs at the website:

http://www.lumenera.com/products/microscopy-cameras/infinity1-3.php

However, when I try to change the "VideoMode" (that seems to be the name of the attribute having to deal with fps), the best it will do is 6fps.

I have also downloaded a driver package from Lumenera that talks directly to a dll they wrote, but it is old, only supporting thru Labview 8.6, this give me the impression that it hasn't been updated for the new cameras.  Anyway, when I run it with Labview 2009 SP1, it works, but again, a VI they have to get the available frame rates on goes to 6fps with this camera.  Anybody know what the deal is, and how I can get the higher fps?

To add insult to injury, when I run Lumenera's standalone application 'Infinity Capture', it does seem to get the higher frame rate (the video is much smoother.  I can even change the image size, and get the super fast 120fps, so if I could figure out how to change these parameters that would be great.

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,944 Views)

Have you tried contacting Lumenera Support?  They are excellent and have always been able to help me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,931 Views)

IMAQdx simply enumerates the video modes that Lumenera's driver exposes through DirectShow. You'd likely have to contact them to find out why the higher framerate modes are not showing up via that interface.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,916 Views)