cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview cannot detect USB Camera DMC-1213 in NI Max

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I bought a USB Camera DMC-1213 and I would like to use it to acquire images and videos through Labview. The camera comes with its own software and the driver was installed automatically in plug and play but unfortunately I can use the camera only through its own software called EZimage.

Could you please help me with a method to force Labview to recognize the USB camera?

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,585 Views)

I forgot to mention that the camera is from Aven (Mighty Scope 5M digital microscope).

https://www.aventools.com/product/mighty-scope-5m-usb-digital-microscope-3/

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,563 Views)

Hi Zied,

Have you tried using Windows Device Manager to de-associate the camera from EZimage and associate it with NI-IMAQdx?

Message 3 of 11
(5,544 Views)

Hi Rey,

What I can see from Widows device manager is that the Microsoft installed a default driver called USB Camera DMC-1213 with driver version 10.0.15063.447 for my Aven Mighty Scope 5M digital microscope. The device come with a CD that contains a single file called EZimageX2Win that extracted a folder to C drive called_binWIN32 with lots of DLL files. I have Labview 2017 64bit. I am wondering that there is an issue of the incompatibility with these dll for 32bits and my windows and labview under 64bit.

Could you please explain how to de-associate the camera from EZimage and associate it with NI-IMAQdx?

I am trying to avoid uninstaling my current version of Labview 64 bit and migrating to the 32bit version.

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,536 Views)

If you want to change drivers for something, right click the device in Device Manager -> Update driver software... -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list -> (list of drivers here)

NI-IMAQdx only works with cameras that conform to specific standards.  For this particular USB camera, it needs to support the DirectShow API in order for it to work with IMAQdx.  You can call the camera vendor and ask if it supports this API.  If it does not, you will not be able to use it with IMAQdx. 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6COSA0

Message 5 of 11
(5,528 Views)

Hi rrobe,

I am still waiting for an answer from Aven company.

I tried our method to look for the driver from the device manager. Unfortunately Aven  is not among the manufacturer.

Do you think that my unique hope is to get a driver directly from Aven?

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,525 Views)

You would need an Aven driver that supports the DirectShow API.  If you cannot get that, you won't be able to use the camera with IMAQdx. 

Message 7 of 11
(5,523 Views)

Hi,  I got an answer from the camera company. 

It is below:

The device is a UVC and is not supported by Labview. You would have to request a plug-in app from Labview in order for the device to communicate.

UVC means Universal Video control, which is based off an SDK from Microsoft. Should be compatible with direct show.

What do recommend to make this aven camera compatible and recognised by labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,462 Views)

You can download this program called AMCap (http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=video#AMCap) and see if you can access your camera with it.  You do not need the paid version. 

If you can capture from your camera with AMCap but still cannot see the camera in MAX, we will need to do further debugging. 

If you cannot capture from your camera with AMCap, there is a problem with the camera driver.  Try switching the driver in Device Manager to something else and try again.

Message 9 of 11
(5,458 Views)

Hi Rrobe,

I tried AMCap and it is working perfectly. On the MAX it is not in the list of the Devices and interfaces.

What do you recommend to do in this case?

Thanks,

Zied

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,448 Views)