Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW hangs on IMAQ call

LabVIEW hangs periodically and when I look at where it hangs, lately it's been in an IMAQ call.  It is occurring quite frequently and I've tried repairing LabVIEW and IMAQ, and also uninstalling/reinstalling IMAQ (VAS).  I'm using LabVIEW 2017 (17.0.1f4 64-bit) and VAS 2017.1 (IMAQ 17.0). 

What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Bruce

IMAQ Dispose hang.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(4,416 Views)

Is the problem camera specific?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(4,406 Views)

Could it be that you are trying to dispose an image that is currently in use in parallel by some processing Vi for instance ?

Sami Fathallah
ALLIANCE VISION
HW and SW Components for Scientific Imaging and Machine Vision
http://www.alliancevision.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(4,399 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, that time that it got stuck was at the beginning of the program.  It's gotten stuck on other IMAQ calls as well.  Yesterday it was the IMAQ ImageToArray.vi.

So far I haven't seen the issue in an exe (which is good), but it's been annoying having my program crash so often.  When it crashes, the LabVIEW environment is still functioning (so I'm able to determine where it is), I just can't stop my program cause it never comes out of the IMAQ dll.

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,389 Views)

It just hung on the IMAQ Image Bit Depth.vi.

IMAQ Image Bit Depth hang.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,357 Views)

Now it froze either in the ImageName property node (or possibly the IMAQ Dispose)!  This is really slowing me down!  Don't know what to do!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,058 Views)

IMAQ ImageName hang.png

Here's the screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,050 Views)

NET_Proc lvlib hang.pngNow it hung on a .NET call.  So I guess it isn't limited to IMAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,037 Views)

I haven't seen the hang in a long time since re-compiling all the VIs in my project.  I also reinstalled IMAQ but I think the key was to re-compile all of the VIs.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,956 Views)

Lately, I have the same Problem with hanging IMAQ Copy.vi. Sometimes when starting the program, sometimes when stopping it. As you, I can get into the block diagram and see, that it hangs in the IMAQ VI.

I tried to repair Labview (2020x64) and NI Vision.

I tried to recompile the code.

This behaviour is new and I never had troubles before with this project.

Any help from NI? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(3,405 Views)