Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW equivalent of NI Calibration Training Interface (Vision Assistant)?

I have a need to develop a standalone tool very similar to the NI Calibration Training Interface tool in Vision Assistant.

Specifically I really need its ability to mitigate the influence of defects and dirt from the image.

I have a plan how to do this myself, but before I re-invent the wheel I wanted to see if this code, or anything like it, is already floating around the LabVIEW ecosystem.

As far as I can tool this is a separate tool called within Vision Assistant and cannot easily be exported into LabVIEW code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,257 Views)

Hi there,

Yes, there are actually two options here! You can use the Vision Assistant express VI in LabVIEW to use the exact same Calibration Training Interface tool inside of LabVIEW. Or, you can use the low level Calibration VIs to make something more custom to your application.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/imaqvision/calibration_pal/

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
Message 2 of 9
(5,180 Views)

We do not provide the source code, but you can invoke the Calibration training interface and pass images and parameters using command line arguments using the System Exec VI in LabVIEW.

You can find the documentation on how to call the Calibration Training interface in a command line in the help located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision\Utility\Calibration Training Interface\TrainCalibration.chm

Hope this helps.

Christophe

Message 3 of 9
(5,172 Views)

Understood.

I was hoping for example code that would be the approximate equivalent of this tool. I need to modify it a little bit for my particular application so the compiled form is not so useful to me unfortunately.

As it stands over the course of today I've built my own equivalent tool which I think will meet my needs for now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,169 Views)

Hi Caleyjag,

I know the post is 1 year old, but could you share your code as I am trying to do the same thing?

@caleyjag wrote:

Understood.

I was hoping for example code that would be the approximate equivalent of this tool. I need to modify it a little bit for my particular application so the compiled form is not so useful to me unfortunately.

As it stands over the course of today I've built my own equivalent tool which I think will meet my needs for now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,544 Views)

The tool I made was pretty quick and dirty, and not really fit for public consumption.

If I have time I will develop it further. If I make good progress I'll post it here. Unfortunately it's not a priority for me at the moment so no promises....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,535 Views)

Hello Caleyjag,

Are you able to share this tool you made or VI?  Even if it is not ready, maybe it would point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Tin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,266 Views)

Let me get back on that. I would need legal approval from my corporation's law department before I can share code I developed for my job.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,103 Views)

Hi, you can use the following vi's in the order as follows : 

1) Use manual threshold and IMAQ reject border to load the dot grid image.

2) Use IMAQ Calibration Target to Points - Circular Dots 2 to obtain pixel and real world coodinates.

3) Pass these points to IMAQ Learn Distortion Model.

4) Use IMAQ Get Calibration Info2 to see the output.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,087 Views)