Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Hangs when an Applying Text Overlay on an image

I want to overlay Text in an image for Mismatched Pixels (This may be N numbers N May Varies from 0 to 10k or More based on Number of Pixel Mismatch Found from template image to Acquired image)As IMAQ  Overlay points allows Array on points as input, No issues when using IMAQ  Overlay points.

But when using IMAQ  Overlay Text i am using loops to overlay text as it allows one point at a time and it gets hanged when the N reaches more than 5k.

Any Suggestion on the same will be helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,051 Views)

Try putting a delay in the loop. I think it is loading the CPU (more than 10K is hell lot of points). You can use Wait(ms), just wire 1 or 0 to it and check. 

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,018 Views)
Looks like memory issue. How exactly are you using Overlay Text inside loops?post VI it will be easier to understand if there is any issue.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,992 Views)

@udka wrote:
Looks like memory issue. How exactly are you using Overlay Text inside loops?post VI it will be easier to understand if there is any issue.

Hello udka,

Yes its an Memory Issue.

My Algorithm Will Find the (X,Y) Co-ordinates of Acquired Image where its not matching with template Image(Matching Pixels of Acquired and template Image)

In the Acquired Image i need to plot [text-X]

When my Co-ordinate count Increases it hangs.

As Mentioned in my Post [Imaq Overlay points supports Array by default but not for Overlay Text] so when i make a Loop to do the same this memory issue occurs.

Currently Restricted my Overly Text Points even it detects more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,990 Views)