Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using PCIe-1430 and Magma ExpressBox1

Hi - I'm trying to get my laptop working with the PCIe-1430 Camera Link frame grabber and the Magma ExpressBox1. The device shows up in the device manager twice, saying the drivers are installed but there are problems with the device. One device shows error code 10 ("This device cannot start."). The other shows error code 12 ("This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)     If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

I've tried disabling one and the other PCIe-1430 devices, and I'm not sure what other devices I could try to disable. The computer has 3GB of RAM, so I'd doubt that's the problem. I've noticed that the board is PCIe x4 and the ExpressBox1 interface is x1, but since there is a bridge in between I assumed this would, at the worst, result in a lower maximum transfer rate. The Magma website mentions National Instruments boards in one of their case studies. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,985 Views)

Hi,

I have been looking into this, and everyone I look the ExpressBox1 has only 1 PCI slot and it is x16.  Are you using a different version?  If it is only one PCI slot, then it should not show 2 devices in Windows.  Also how many PCIe-1430's are you trying to use?

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,975 Views)

That is correct - the ExpressBox1 has a single x16 slot, and communicates with the computer over a x1 PCIe cable. I'm only using one PCIe-1430. I'm not sure why there are two devices showing up in the device manager; I assumed it was because of the two Camera Link ports on the card. Perhaps the two device listings is the source of my problem, but I'm not sure why two of them are appearing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,971 Views)

Hi,

Yes the two devices showing up is probably the issue.  Even though the 1430 has two ports, it should only show up as one device.  Try deleting the devices from device manager and then inserting the 1430 again and let Windows rerecognize the device.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,961 Views)