From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient memory with IMAQ Write Image And Vision Info

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a calibration target 300mm square with 1mm dots at a 5mm pitch. I'm imaging this with a 25Mp camera and an image that's 5,120 pixels square.

When I go to save the calibration info using IMAQ Write Image And Vision Info after it's churned away for 50 seconds I get an "Insufficient memory" error. Thing is, I have a Xeon processor and 16GB of RAM, which I would expect to be enough.

So, any tips for how to save this calibration image? Is there some kind of time out taking place that I can override?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,530 Views)

Are you using 32 or 64-Bit LabVIEW? If 32-bit, it is quite possible that you are hitting memory issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author another_novice

@Another_novice

What Blue Cheese is referring to is this document and specifically the last point on memory allocation limits with 32 Bit LabVIEW.  You are most likely hitting the ceiling if you are on 32 Bit and should move to 64 Bit if you have to have that many images loaded in memory.

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,490 Views)

Yes I'm using 32 bit LabVIEW. I guess that's my problem.

The document linked to above was really helpful. Thank you Bear for that. So it seems I already have 64 bit LabVIEW, since I purchased my copy of 2015. I'm guessing all I need do is install it. The document said it is possible to have both 32 and 64 bit versions of LabVIEW on the same PC, which would be useful. Any suggestions on how to do this or should I just go ahead and install it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,481 Views)

Yep, you can have both.  I have both installed on my computer for different applications.  All depends on how much room you got!  

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,477 Views)