From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Build Problem - with 64-bit Vision

Hello -

I have created some software with 64-bit LabVIEW and 64-bit Vision.  In the build process, I specify the Vision 2010SP1 RTE as an additional run-time engine I need to include.  I downloaded the 64-bit Vision from the NI website.  I don't have the disks.  Therefore, it seems that I am not able to provide a valid installer path (even though I have an rte.exe in the path below).  From doing reading on this, seems like I need to have disk or disk image on hard drive to point to.  What should I do?

Vision64-bitRTE.PNG

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,220 Views)

Don:

I have never built an app with Vision, but from your screenshot below, it appears that it is looking for VDM in the 32 bit application folder (the (x86)). Just an observation, not sure what to suggest. What OS are you using?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,205 Views)

I am using Windows 7 64-bit OS.

I have installed LabVIEW 2010 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Vision 2010 32-bit and 64-bit.

In any case, only the program files (x86)\National Instruments folder has a Vision subfolder with the Run-time Engine subfolder.  I can't find this in the program files\National Instruments folder.  In any case, I believe it is looking for a disk or disk image.

• Installer source location—Displays the path to the installer for the product included in the installer build. This is the root directory of the location from which you installed the product, usually on a CD or network drive

I downloaded the Vision 2010 64-bit as a .zip file from the NI website.  I don't have a disk or disk image.  What do I do in order to include the Vision 2010 64-bit RTE in my installer?

NI Engineers - need your help on this one.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,196 Views)

@DonRoth wrote:

I am using Windows 7 64-bit OS.

I have installed LabVIEW 2010 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Vision 2010 32-bit and 64-bit.

In any case, only the program files (x86)\National Instruments folder has a Vision subfolder with the Run-time Engine subfolder.  I can't find this in the program files\National Instruments folder.  In any case, I believe it is looking for a disk or disk image.

• Installer source location—Displays the path to the installer for the product included in the installer build. This is the root directory of the location from which you installed the product, usually on a CD or network drive

I downloaded the Vision 2010 64-bit as a .zip file from the NI website.  I don't have a disk or disk image.  What do I do in order to include the Vision 2010 64-bit RTE in my installer?

NI Engineers - need your help on this one.

Thanks,

Don

Did you try unzipping the Vision 2010 installer ZIP you used and pointing it to that directory? The Vision DVD contents are more or less identical to the contents of the zip file.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,192 Views)

I originally just did the Vision install directly by clicking on the setup.exe in the .zip file.  So I had not unzipped the .zip file.  Now I have done so and what you suggest seems to work.  I point to the VDM2010SP1 folder (result of unzip) and I think all is good.  Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,187 Views)