Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection of Pipe Cross-section

Spoiler

I have a application where I want to perform particle analysis on the cross section of the wall of a pipe. The images are produced using X-Ray and are the cross section of the pipe.  I have about 1000 images from a single pipe that are taken at equal distances along the length of the pipe.  I have attached a sample image.

What I need is some ideas on how best to produce an ROI of the pipe wall,  meaning I what to exclude the inner diameter and everything outside of the outer diameter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,763 Views)

IMAQ Spoke should be fine for you.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,759 Views)

Hi Terry,

If the pipe is going to be in a different location in each image you will likely want to use the 'IMAQ Select Annulus' VI. This will allow you to manually trace the desired ROI. More likely, you will want create the ROI in the same location everytime. This can be done with the 'IMAQ Convert Annulus to ROI' VI. The input cluster to this function is identical to the Annulus output of the 'IMAQ Select Annulus' VI (Center X, Center Y, Inner Radius, Outer Radius, Start Angle, End Angle).

Perhaps it would be a good idea to use the 'IMAQ Select Annulus' VI on the first image to establish the desired parameters and use those same coordinates and geometric parameters with the 'IMAQ Convert Annulus to ROI' VI for the rest of the images.

I hope that's helpful!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,733 Views)