From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In labview vision assistant, how might I output real world coordinates from color location module?

Hello, I am working on a machine vision application where a colored light will be tracked from a USB camera. I currently have the NI vision assistant outputting the location of the color in terms of camera pixels (x=some number from 0 to 1920, y=some number from 0 to 1080) but I want real world measurements in terms of centimeters. I have added an image calibration module to define the number of pixels per centimeter, but despite this added module, it doesn't output the real world units from the vision assistant. How might I go about doing that? See attached screenshot for my current sequence. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,780 Views)
Many functions in Vision Assitant provides the calibrated values whenever calibration is available.
-Some functions do not provide, in that case either you can create simple labview VI to take X, Y Pixels and return the Real World values to Vision assistant again(Check IMAQ Convert Pixel to RealWorld VI and Run LabVIEW VI step in Vision Assistant).
-Or write the entire code in LabVIEW.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,745 Views)