Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx: Error -2147467259 Unspecified error at Open Camera VI, but camera works in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a Mightex USB camera for image acquisition and after installing the DirectShow driver provided by the manufacturer, I'm attempting to use it in LabView. When I use the camera in MAX, the camera works as I expect it to, but using the OpenCamera VI for IMAQdx in my VI immediately raises an unspecified error. 

I'm running 32-bit LabView, and my versions of LabView, MAX, and IMAQdx are all 16.0. I installed the DirectShow driver for 32-bit applications and since it works in MAX, which I've heard is 32-bit, I'm pretty confused as to why it isn't working in my VI. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,690 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author siq877

-Do you have Development Support installed?(Check in NI MAX Under Software->NI-IMAQdx)

-Any other cameras you tried with the PC before?

-Post the Code and Exact Screenshot of the error dialog.

-Try re-installing the drivers(IMAQdx and Directshow).

Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 3
(2,647 Views)

Thanks for the reply. After spending almost two hours trying to ferret out the problem, simply restarting my PC made it work like I expected it to. I imagine there's something a little finicky about the DirectShow driver for the camera, as I have used other cameras on the same computer with the exact same application previously and had no problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,643 Views)