Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ image indicator is black now

Solved!
Go to solution

We've been running a version of a machine-vision/control software since 2012, with the latest revision being LabVIEW 2018 released a year ago. It uses two analog cameras and some digital IO, and the cameras stopped displaying the image on Friday. I can snap/grab images in MAX, but not with the LabVIEW software (or an executable built on just the image-grabbing part of the larger code.)

I made a smaller program that snaps a picture and saves it to disk.  This, too, fails to show me the picture but does put the picture to disk.  Only, when I read the saved image (using IMAQ ReadFile 2) I get the same black-filled indicator (but it works properly on my dev PC).  The problem seems to be only with IMAQ displaying the images to an image indicator.

We thought that something broke when someone installed another LabVIEW program the day the problem started, but I replaced the (Win7) PC with a freshly-imaged (Win10) PC this morning and reinstalled our software along with MAX (20) and Vision Acquisition (18.5, the same as was on the original PC).  This had no affect on the problem.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.

We've since swapped the video card, camera and NI PCI-1410 frame-grabber.  I was grasping at straws here, but I'd take a straw at this point.

Do you have any ideas?  Any troubleshooting steps I could take?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcarmody

https://lavag.org/topic/21989-imaq-image-indicator-is-black-now/?do=findComment&comment=135274

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,480 Views)