From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ License expired

I have LV2010 and Vision Dev module installed and activated with a never expiring license according to the license manager. However, the Vision Acquisition Software which is supposed to be part of the Vision Dev Module had a license that expired. How can I reactivate the Acquisition part of Vision with the never expires license that covers the rest of Vision?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,282 Views)

For licence issue I always recommend to contact the local support or/and the local sales rep.

On my computer, the licence manager says "never expires" for both VAS and VDM (I have 2011 SP1), from the licence manager you should be able to select VAS and then clic on "Activate" (top left)

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,276 Views)
I tried to activate Acquisition but it won't accept the Vision Dev Module serial number as valid. The License manager doesn't list a serial number for the Acquisition Software. So I have no way to activate it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,267 Views)

I think you need different serial number for VAS and VDM, these are different products.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,264 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

I think you need different serial number for VAS and VDM, these are different products.

Hi TiTou

If am not wrong VAS comes with VDM as seen here http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/2881

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,255 Views)
VAS does come as part of VDM. I used the serial number from another license of VDM that I have and it activated VAS with a non-expiring license. I have no idea why the serial number from the VDM on that machine won't activate VAS.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,252 Views)

Hi NV-Mike 

Better you can contact your local ni rep as TiTou said early.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,249 Views)

Hi NV-Mike,

Your best bet will be to get in touch with either your local NI representative, or to call in and speak to one of our Applications Engineers.  Licensing is sort of a sensitive thing, so we obviously discourage posting serial numbers etc on the forums.  Give us a call at 800-531-5066 and explain the situation and you should be routed through to someone that can help you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,241 Views)