Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Init Error with NI 1744 Camera

Hello, I'm using a NI 1744 Smart Camera and I've connected it to my network's modem. After doing this MAX now detects it in the Remote Systems Tab as shown in the image.

image.png

When i search for the interface name it says that it is "img0". Now I go into LabVIEW and use IMAQ to get some video. 

image.pngimage.png

And then i get the following error:

image.png

I don't understand why this error is happening, I already tried changing the interface name, entering img0::0, and even using IMAQdx (I know it's not meant for NI cameras but i had to try).

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,088 Views)

Hello,

Are you running the VI in the context of a LabVIEW Real-Time project? I can't tell from your screenshots but that error is expected behavior if you just run that VI on Windows. It will look for img0 on your Windows system and it won't find it. You'll need to create a new project and add the 1744 as a real-time target and then deploy the VI to the smart camera.

I'm not sure if this is the most up-to-date/useful page, but from a quick search I found this getting started guide for the real-time module:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371375d.pdf

Hope this helps,

Katie

Message 2 of 5
(2,065 Views)

Hello Katie,

I got the camera inside a project, and tried to deploy the VI inside the camera.

image.png

But the VI inside the camera, has no controls or functions available in the palettes, and there's also that text next to the IP address that says "features not available". I tried reinstalling the Real-Time module, but the problem persisted. I wonder what is causing this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,002 Views)

Hello,

If you ran the Vision Acquisition Software installer before the Real-Time installer, you'll need to re-run the Vision Acquisition Software installer again so that now it will detect that you have the real-time module and install all of the necessary pieces for Vision to interact with RT. Hopefully that's the issue and should be quick to resolve. Let me know if that's not it.

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,994 Views)

I ran the Real-Time install, rebooted, ran the Visual Acquisition Software install, rebooted, and the problem persists. I´m starting to think it has something to do with the version of LabVIEW RT dowloaded in the camera.

image.png

I tried to update the software inside the Camera.

image.pngimage.png

But even though the NI package manager says i got LabVIEW RT 2019 installed, it doesn´t give me the option to update the software inside the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,986 Views)