cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Extract color planes - Invalid Image Type Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have made and got (apparently) working a subVI to calculate the average of a series of images loaded from bmp files. I am using LabView 2017 and Vision 2017.

After some tide-up and a reboot, the VI started giving an "Invalid Image Type Error" at the first extract color planes block (probe position in the screenshot) and I cannot understand why.

The image reference provided to the IMAQ VI is not empty and points to a RGB(U32) image, which is a supported type, while for the silngle plane image references I have tried all the greyscale types available, getting a different error ("Not Compatible") only for Greyscale(U8).

Best,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mitch85

Hi Michael,

An RGB U32 has 8 bit channels for red, green and blue respectively. You can therefore only extract it into U8 Greyscale. Where does your "Not compatible" error originate from?

Message 2 of 3
(1,475 Views)

Thank you a lot Pablo!

Debugging again after your input, I realized that the "Incompatible Image Size" error was generated at the last Combine Image Planes! The reason for this one was that I used an empty RGB(u32) image reference as source.

Here I share the corrected VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,470 Views)