Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Extract Buffer VI doesn't work with line camera in external trigger mode

Hi, I'm trying to run OCTOPLUS linescan camera with NI PCIe 1433 frame grabber in external trigger mode seeded by TTL signal generated by Arbitrary Function Generator. The camera I work with is able to operate in internal and external trigger mode. I can change mode of operation using Serial Protocol by "sync" comment and parameter 0 for internal trigger and 2 for external  trigger mode and programmable exposure time. Camera was configure just as you see below .

init_cobra.PNG

Everything works fine in internal trigger mode (sync 0) with code showed bellow (previous vi is sub vi to this showed here). 

Internal line trigger.PNG

But I would like to use camera with external trigger (sync 2) TTL signal generated by Arbitrary Function Generator. So a contented BNC to SMB cable to TRIG  connector located on a frame grabber card and I used this example (IMAQ Triggered Sequence and Save) and I modified this code because I would like to display acquisition as waveform as I did previously in internal trigger mode by using IMAQ Extract Buffer VI and IMAQ ImageToArray VI. Unfortunately I get IMAQ Extract Buffer.vi:7280001 error due to timeout as I suppose after reading this post. So I modified code according to LL Ring without timeout.VI  example and I indeed previous error disappeared but result of IMAQ Extract Buffer.vi  actions doesn't include anything. 

empty.PNG

Does anyone want to look at my code and help me to make any progress? See attachments.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,936 Views)

Hi Kasp,

I am also using a similar setup with OCTOPLUS linescan camera and 1433 frame grabber. Were you able to figure the triggering out? Is the acquisition happening at the rate you expect ?

In my setup, my acquisition is working correctly once for the number of bscans set (i.e. volume), After that the acquisition is giving me repeating 4 set of images  per volume (which is actually supposed to be one single image - probably due to triggering issues, I'm loosing frames someway)

It would be a great if you could help me out incase you have already figured out your issues with triggering.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,709 Views)