Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Create for compressed .avi - cannot open the new file afterwards with IMAQ Open

Hi there,

i hope i'm in the right board.

I recently tried to compress avi-files i collected from various cameras throughout the last years.

At first i used VDub and ffdshow with a FFVH codec - it worked fine as long as i won't try to open the compressed avi using IMAQ Open.

I googled a bit and read a lot in these forums, tried several solutions - none of them worked.

So i gave it a last, let's call it fail-proof, try:

I took the original .avi (uncompressed, openable with IMAQ Open) and used my newly gained knowledge to use LV for the compression work, i chose from IMAQ AVI Get Filter Names the ffdshow Video Codec and built a small read-write for-loop to convert the AVI frame for frame.

All worked fine despite the problem, that i still cannot open the compressed file in IMAQ Open - and i do not know why.

I would be glad to force labview to decode and open the compressed file with a certain codec, but i found no option for this.

Thanks in advance

Markus

P.S.

I'm using LabView 2010 and VAS of 02/2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,358 Views)

Hello Markus,

have you had a look at this:

Writing a Compressed AVI File with the IMAQ Vision Acquisition Software

Compressing avi files-Discussion Forums

Regards,

eletra

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,332 Views)

Hi eletra,

thanks for the links, although i knew the first one already.

But both topics don't cover my issue as i already can compress files with LV. My problem is the reopening of a compressed file frame by frame etc. afterwards, something i find more convenient with my simple LV code regarding the uncompressed (and working) files rather than with media players.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,311 Views)