Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ 1408 pulses

The IMAQ board 1408 has the ability to generate a pulse created with the function imgCreatePulse in any RTSI output?
Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Frank,
The imgCreatePulse function can not be used since the 1408 does not support hardware generation of pulses. It is only supported on the PCI/PXI 1409, PCI/PXI 1422, PCI 1424, and PCI 1428. The only way to generate pulses on the 1408 is through software using the trigger lines.
I hope this helps,
Chris D.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Yes, thank you.
Im doing an visual inspection system, I need when the system detect a bad element (analizing the image) to activate a piston. What is the best way to activate a piston? Sending a pulse in the RTSI output?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Frank,

The RTSI bus is intended to communicate between cards inside the computer. If you want to send a signal to an external device, use the trigger outputs. You can toggle the output using software commands.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Ok,
I need to trigger the acquisition with a movement sensor.
Where I connect this sensor?
To the external trigger input?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Frank,

The trigger inputs and outputs are all 5V TTL. This is where you want to connect any external devices.

Be careful. Most trigger devices require separate power supplies and signal conditioning so that a clean signal goes into the computer.

For example, some sensors needs power (usually not 5V) and a ground, and output an analog signal. You need to condition this signal to obtain a clean 5V TTL on/off signal. It might require a comparator circuit with hysteresis followed by optical isolation to reduce it to a clean TTL signal that will work with a PCI board.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Thank you again, this is what I need it to know, yes I build a signal conditioning card to "clean" the signal from the sensor.

Thank you my friend.
Your help is very important for us.

Frank
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,629 Views)