From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEEE 1394 driver for Windows 7and IMAQdx

Helllo

I am having Windows 7 OS and LabVIEW 2011 version. I need to connect a Allied Vision Technologies camera F-146B. It is basically a Compact, flexible, modular IEEE 1394 1.4 Megapixel C-Mount camera. See Camera Specifications for details.

Ni provides NI - IMAQ for IEEE 1394 Cameras 2.0.1 driver. But this supports only Windows XP/ 2000. Without this driver, the camera is not recognized by the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). Anyone have any ideas how to get my camera detected by MAX.

I tried these options:

1) Install NI - IMAQ for IEEE 1394 Cameras 2.0.1 driver first  and then later on install NI IMAQ, NI IMAQdx, NI IMAQ IO. In this case ,when i install NI IMAQdx, the it shows that an incompatiible version of NI driver for 1394 is detected and so the installation cannot be done. 

2) Doing it in other way round. Installing NI IMAQ, NI IMAQdx, NI IMAQ IO first and then later on IEEE 1394 driver. Then it shows that no products are installed.

Since there is no update version of NI - IMAQ for IEEE 1394 Cameras for Windows 7, I am trying to download NI Vision Acquisiotn Software 2001.09 and try my luck. But do anyone have an idea what the real problem is?

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,714 Views)

You will need to install the latest version of Vision Acquisition Software for this to work. Have you tried that?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,609 Views)

Hi,

the NI - IMAQ for IEEE 1394 is a legacy driver and will not be updated any more. 

For Windows 7 you have to use the NI-IMAQdx driver which supports IEEE 1394. It is important that you don't activate the IMAQ for IEEE 1394 legacy driver since this will cause the exact problems you are describing.

Please use the mentioned download of the current Vision Acquision Software:

NI Vision Acquisition Software

Additionally I got some links with information about the driver and compatibility with different labVIEW versions:

How Can I Tell If My IEE 1394 Camera is supported?

-  Compatibility with different LabVIEW versions

Regards,

Lam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,574 Views)

Hello, 

You say ''It is important that you don't activate the IMAQ for IEEE 1394 legacy driver since this will cause the exact problems you are describing.''

I want to know how to desactivate the IMAQ for IEEE 1394 legacy driver if it's done.

Thanks,

Lily

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,936 Views)